When moving to Austin, there are few things you’ll need to take care prior to arriving in town and once you get here. Here’s a list of 10 things to do when moving to Austin.
1. Whether you’re looking to buy or lease, search for a home in Austin.
2. Once you’ve found a place, turn on your utilities with the appropriate utility companies.
3. Change your mailing address with the United States Postal Service.
4. Get your car inspected. Once you pass, you will get a verification form. You will the verification form, proof of insurance and proof of ownership to the county’s tax assessor’s office. This is required to get your Texas State license plate. Travis County – Williamson County
5. Apply fo your new Texas driver’s license within 30 days of arriving in Texas.
7. Make sure you’re carrying proper liability insurance through your auto insurer. Texas has specific requirements.
8. Update your mailing information with your bank, credit cards, insurance companies, and cell phone provider.
9. Check your credit report to ensure no mistakes happened while moving.
10. Get out and meet new people!